Integrating Theory, Practice and Social Responsibility
Immerse yourself at farm school and refresh your instruction in Environmental Learning!
A five-day hands-on professional development workshop at Quillisascut Farm™ for college faculty and administrators involved in developing sustainability curriculum.
Learn how to connect your institution to the ecological and cultural wisdom embodied in your local community.
- Explore Systems Thinking by discussing and participating in the patterns that connect all of life’s operating systems
- Exchange ideas with fellow faculty working to include sustainability studies in course curriculum and program development
- Discuss the “Big Ideas” of sustainability
- Practice sustainability ethics
- Develop hands-on skills in farm production including milking goats, making cheese, helping care for farm animals, transplanting vegetables, harvesting produce from the gardens and more
- Experience the significance of regional biodiversity, soil food webs, and the socioeconomic food web
- Become engaged as civic eaters
Participants stay at the farm with bunkhouse-style lodging and all meals provided. $695 Tuition includes course materials, instruction, food and lodging. (transportation not included) College faculty will receive a $350 discount on tuition.
Please join us for this fun and rewarding professional development workshop.
Limited to 12 participants
“Civilization has been slow to give up on our myth of the Earth’s infinite generosity” Barbara Kingsolver